I absolutely love these meatballs. Actually, I love meatballs period. I remember having friends over one night in high school and not knowing what we wanted to eat, so I whipped up some homemade meatballs real quick. I’m sure that they weren’t as good as these though 🙂 . I kept seeing spaghetti squash all over Pinterest, so I gave it a try since I’m limiting my pasta intake anyway. You’ll need :
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground spicy sausage
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 rolled oats ( I always use oatmeal when I bake turkey)
- 1 cup of chopped raw spinach
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- ginger powder
- and probably some other seasonings that I keep on hand ( adobo, spike, etc)
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil. I like using foil solely because I want to keep my baking pans in good condition. 😉
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I use my hands, but I’m sure that a cooking utensil is fine. I formed golf ball sized meatballs and placed it on the pan.
- Baked at 450 for about 30 minutes or until brown.
4. I then stewed the cooked meatballs in a saucepan with tomato sauce ( about 3 cups), 1 roughly chopped roma tomato, and chopped onions for 15 minutes.
The spaghetti squash is super easy to make. Just cut the squash in half , season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Then bake on 350 for about 45 minutes. Once its cooled, gently fork the flesh out and serve.